Think I’ll make this into a regular sort of thing here at Langerhans’ Loogy. I’ll start with an easy one, top 5 favorite sporting events.
- MLB Opening day – The season starts, you have six months ahead of you of wonderful baseball. Games on throughout the day, so even if you’re at work you can keep up with all the action.
- Tour de France mountain stages – I’m admittedly a huge Tour de France geek. I get so hyped up for the event every year. And the best part are the mountains, when the top contenders always make a run for it. (On a side note, I want to mention that for the first time in decade, the tour went through the city I lived in for nine months, Sète. If you were watching, that was during stage 13 where there was a huge hill about 10-15 miles from the end. So neat to see where I spend so much time.)
- NCAA men’s basketball round of 64 – It’s hard to choose between these two days and the sweet 16, but I think this one tops them all. You get the potential for huge upsets and four games going on at once. It’s fast-paced and so much fun.
- College World Series – It’s an extended event, but the best of the college baseball season. Love that Stony Brook and Kent State made it last year, which made it that much more special.
- NCAA lacrosse championships – The best sport out there that doesn’t get enough pub. High-level lacrosse is a beautiful thing to behold.
And one last non-sporting sporting event on to